- Where do rights come from? When God is dead, surely it must come from some kind of social arrangement. Maybe the state, maybe not.
- A distinction between obligations from humanity and obligations from justice. Is there a difference? Supposedly so…
- What is the metaphysical basis of justice?
- The focus on political arrangmeents in political philosophy is historical, emerging from warring conflict. But we need to consider the social and economic relationships which structure our current historical moment.
- Maybe, though, we must think more closely about what the state is – because many people think that there is something more totalizing and special about it than what I see in it.
- Liberals cannot justify the moral status of existing borders as such. Arguments for nationalism are not convincing.
- We should be mindful of fetishisms.
- Are we even agents capable of doing justice or are we always only ever carriers of justice (or injustice)?
- Are Marx’s metaphysical claims instrumental to his political claims?